Indianapolis Truck Accident Lawyer
Fighting for Justice & Your Maximum Compensation
Tractor-trailers are everywhere. Commonly referred to as 18-wheelers, these trucks transport a wide array of goods all across our nation. Unfortunately, their large size makes them incredibly lethal when driven negligently, improperly loaded, or poorly maintained. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Indianapolis, reach out to the skilled truck accident injury lawyer at Crossen Law Firm. With decades of legal experience, we have what it takes to handle these unique cases.
When you call (317) 401-8626, we can work to make sure that you receive the maximum compensation you are owed from all responsible parties.
Why Do I Need A Truck Accident Lawyer?
A truck accident attorney from our firm can help you recover the compensation and justice you deserve after an accident. Often trucking companies are backed by top-tier attorneys aimed at protecting their company, and in turn, keeping you from recovering the compensation you deserve. The attorneys at Crossen Law Firm are experienced in handling truck accident claims and know what to expect during the entire claims process. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Who Is Liable in a Truck Accident?
In these cases, the first place most people point the blame is at the driver. Many crashes are caused by tractor-trailers due to driver negligence.
There are several forms of truck driver negligence, including:
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Ignoring traffic signals and signs
- Driving while distracted
- Breaking company trucking rules
- Violating state or federal trucking laws
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving with road rage
- Ignoring current weather conditions
While it is important to realize that the driver could be at fault, liability for a truck accident could fall on several other parties as well.
Our team also pursues compensation from:
- Trucking companies
- Truck and truck part manufacturers
- Cargo companies
Commercial Truck Regulations
Commercial trucks and the truckers who drive them are heavily regulated, more so than other motorists on the road. The main reason they are required to follow such strict rules is the fact that commercial trucks are incredibly dangerous in the event of an accident. One notable set of rules truck drivers are required to follow are called the hours of service regulations. Since tired driving is a big cause of accidents, these rules were established as a way to ensure drivers are well rested and not overworked. The hours of service regulations states:
- Truckers can work up to 14 hours in a day, however, since they are required to take rest and meal breaks during this time period they are only able to actually drive for 11 hours in one day.
- Drivers must rest for at least 10 consecutive hours before returning to work.
- Truckers must also take days off work at regular intervals. Drivers must take a break after working up to 60 or 70 hours in a 7 or 8 day period depending on the hours the company they drive for.
Obtain Experienced, Passionate Legal Advocacy Today
If you are looking for a law firm that is prepared to aggressively fight on your behalf, turn to Crossen Law Firm. Our Indianapolis truck accident lawyer has extensive experience investigating truck accidents in order to determine fault. Let us passionately pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our Clients Say it Best!
No Fee Unless We Win
Phones Answered 24/7
A Multi-Million Dollar Track Record
Decades of Injury & Accident Law Experience