Bicycle Accident Attorney in Indianapolis
Aggressive & Effective Representation for over 20 Years
The injuries that result from a bike crash can be extremely serious, sometimes fatal. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a bicycle accident in Indianapolis, you should seek immediate counsel from an experienced personal injury firm.
At Crossen Law Firm, we have decades of accident and injury law experience. Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, our skilled personal injury lawyer can handle your bike injury claim. We can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We don’t get paid until you get paid.
Bicycle Laws in Indianapolis
Indiana has a surprisingly minimal amount of bike laws. The laws that do exist are often ambiguous. There are several rules that many motorists and bikers may not be aware of. This often results in accidents that cause severe injuries to cyclists.
Important bicycle laws that drivers and cyclists should be aware of so that everyone can stay safe, include:
- Stop signs – bikers are required to come to a complete stop and wait their turn
- Red lights – a cyclist is allowed to run a red light if it has been red for longer than two minutes
- Sharing lanes – although it is recommended that cyclists keep to the right third of the lane, they have the right to ride in the center of the lane if they want to
- Passing cyclists – while the state of Indiana has no laws pertaining to passing cyclists, the city of Indianapolis has established a local law that a motorist leave at least three feet between their vehicle and the cyclist when passing
- Sidewalks – cyclists are allowed to ride on the sidewalks in Indiana, provided that they do not interfere with pedestrians
- Passengers – Each rider must have their own seat on the bicycle
- Packages – the rider may not carry packages on the handlebars
- Signs and signals – bikes are supposed to be equipped with bells that can be heard from 100 feet away and must signal their turns using the traditional arm motions
- Lights – nighttime riders are required to have one white light in front, and one red light in back that can be seen from 500 feet away
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bike accident because these laws or others were not known, we can help. Whether you need to file a claim with an insurance company or file a lawsuit to recover compensation, our personal injury lawyer can effectively guide you through the process from start to finish.
Work With Us for Maximum Compensation
Following a bike injury, it is crucial to retain professional legal assistance as soon as possible. Our Indianapolis bicycle accident lawyer can provide you with the aggressive representation that you require during this challenging time.
Don’t go through this alone. Get a reputable law firm on your side, by calling (317) 401-8626 now.
Our Clients Say it Best!
No Fee Unless We Win
Phones Answered 24/7
A Multi-Million Dollar Track Record
Decades of Injury & Accident Law Experience